Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a maritime navigation and radio communication system.
This system intends to enhance the safety of life at sea, the safety and efficiency of navigation
and the protection of the marine environment by communicating navigational information
automatically on VHF channels between ship and ship, ship and shore.
SR160 AIS Transponder meets the requirements of the SOLAS Conventions for the Class A shipborne
equipment of the universal AIS.
any vessels. The small and simple design controller allows easy installation and operation.
SR160 employs the latest technologies such as digital signal processing, circuit integration
technology, and these technologies ensure high performance and high reliability.
(1) Frequency range : 156.025MHz to 162.025MHz,
Default channels:161.975MHz, 162.025MHz
(2) Channel spacing : 25kHz/12.5kHz
(3) Frequency accuracy : Within ±3×10
(4) Type of emission : F1D, F2B
(5) Type of modulation : GMSK, FSK
(6) Output power : 12.5W/2W
(7) Rated power supply voltage : 12Vdc (-10%, +30%)
(8) Current consumption : 4.5A max: when transmitting
: 0.6A max: when receiving
(9) Operating temperature : -25°C to +55°C (IEC 60945)
Sensor data input ports SENSOR1 / SENSOR2/ SENSOR3
Three input ports meet the requirements of IEC 61162-2.
Additionally, these ports can receive data from IEC61162-1 sensor with one-to-one connection.
External display equipment communication ports
Two communication ports meet the requirements of IEC 61162-2
Note: IEC61162-2 interfaces comply with the following specifications.
- Output drive capacity: Differential driver output voltage is 2.0V or more (RL=100 ohms), Driver
output current 50mA
- Load on the line of inputs: 100 ohms. 1 IEC61162-1 output can drive 1 IEC61162-2 input.
- Electrical isolation of input circuits: Input circuits are electrically isolated from internal circuit with
Supported interface sentences
Indication Sentence format Supported sentence formatters
Input data Recommend Optional
Time of Position
Datum Reference DTM
RAIM Indicator GBS
Speed Over Ground
Course Over Ground
Heading HDT OSD
Rate of Turn (*1) ROT
2. NSK IEC61162-1 Input: VHW
Input: ABM, ACA, ACK, AIR, BBM, LRI, LRF, VSD,
Output: ABK, ACA, ALR, DSC, DSI, LRF, LR1, LR2,
LR3, TXT, VDO, VDM
4. LONGRANGE IEC61993-2 Input: LRI, LRF
Output: LRF, LR1, LR2, LR3
5. DIFF ITU-R M.823-2 Input: RTCM SC-104 Ver.2.0 Type 1, 2, 7, 9
Output: RTCM SC-104 Ver. 2.0 Type: depends on
|Export Markets︰||world market