The SR161 is a low cost AIS receiver, designed specifically for the Leisure Marine and Fishing Boat market.
The Smart Radio SR161 AIS Receiver provides:
• High-sensitivity AIS data reception
• Affordable low price
• Hears Class A & B vessel reports
• Sends the information to be mapped on a PC or chart-plotter
• Receiving frequencies can be preprogrammed
• When detecting interference in the receiving channel,automatically switch to alternative ais channel
• Very low power consumption
The Smart Radio SR161 is an easy to install, stand alone marine receiver that monitors the channels assigned to the Automatic Identification System, or AIS.
• VESSEL'S NAME - up to 20 characters
• SIZE - dimensions and draught of the ship
• POSITION - provided by differential GPS
• COURSE - relative to true North to 1/10th degree
• CARGO - table of possibilities available
• AND MORE
When attached to a VHF antenna optimized at 162Mhz, the SR161’s serial data output will drive most popular marine charting software packages available today. The output provides the location of all AIS transponders within receiving range.
Information gathered by the Smart Radio SR161 is more detailed than radar and provides the everyday boater with the same information afforded to commercial vessels. Now you can see what's coming on your PC or chart-plotter long before it is in your line of sight.
The Smart Radio SR161 allows AIS enabled software to chart ship positions and descriptions in real-time.
The following packages have been tested and are fully operational with the SR161:
• Rose Point - Coastal Explorer
• ICAN - Regulus
• Transas - NaviSailor
• Xanatos - Titan
• Nobeltec - Admiral
• EuroNav - seaPro
• WinGPS 4 Pro
• Valhalla Global Navigator
• YACHT - AIS
* AIS Navigator
Power supply range : 9 - 15 Volts DC
Power consumption : <1W
Baud rate : 38400 default(software selectable)
Format : ITU/ NMEA 0183
Output message : VDM
Frequency : AIS1 161.975 MHz
AIS2 162.025 MHz default(software programmable to other frequencies),dual channel scan receiving.
Channel spacing : 25KHz
Sensitivity : -116dBm
Demodulation : GMSK
Data Rate : 9600
Antenna impedance : 50 ohms
Dimensions : Length: 115mm, Width: 75mm,
Weight : 400g
Connectors : Antenna BNC
Output port: 9 pin D socket
SR161 can be updated to SR161GPS with fastrax GPS module embeded, the AIVDO output can help the own boat been displayed easier and comfatable.